Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Love More!


I have stayed away from my blog for the last few days as we all struggle to make sense of the horrifying tragedy in Connecticut. Many times I have wanted to write something to share with my readers. I wanted to have something profound, encouraging, or comforting to say. In my head, there are dozens of thoughts swirling around but nothing that makes sense or at least not enough to share.

I can't make sense because there is no meaning in the madness. Twenty moms and dad kissed their first graders goodbye, sent them to school and now have to bury their babies a week before Christmas. There are six more families dealing with the loss of a family member who dedicated their lives to education.

All I really can share is this:

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  
 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

This holiday season take the time to love more. Don't wait to make resolutions on January 1st. Make the change today to listen to your kids, look at them, study their faces and most of all hug them longer. 

Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

  1. Very well said. Thank you for the verse of scripture, too. H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! It really changes your perspective!

    Stopping by from the Crew!

    ReplyDelete